At the end of May, Liteboat set off for Brest to bring boats to the 2023 French Coastal Rowing Championships. Our competition-dedicated LiteRace range was complemented this year by a second version of our LiteRace 1X solo for lightweight rowers (the version L for Light vs H for Heavy). All our boats went in ideal conditions, with rough seas on Thursday and Friday, but fairly calm seas on Saturday. There was plenty of sunshine and a warm welcome from the people of Brittany. LiteRace 1X, LiteRace 2X and the LiteRace 4X were competing with multiple teams, from Juniors to Masters. What a pleasure it was to see the athletes take to the water on our boats!
After two days of racing, the outcome of this 2023 edition is very positive for Liteboat, thanks to the rowers who gave their all and made the most of the performance of our boats.
The results for Liteboat rowers:
- Coxed four – Junior mixed: 1st -> Thonon Rowing Club | Héloïse Leydier – Esteban Belot – Baptiste Plagnat – Jade Vincent – Loic Dubrulle (cox)
- Double – Junior mixed: 1st -> Arcachon Rowing Club | Albane Bru – Aurélien Martin
- Double – Senior mixed: 2nd -> Saint Malo Rowing Club | Chloé Briard – Kerrian Boulay
- Double – Senior mixed: 3rd -> Carteret Rowing Club | Marine Delanoe – Pierrick Ledard
- Double – Masters mixed: 2nd -> Saint Malo Rowing Club | Emmanuelle Briard – Hubert Briard
- Double – Masters mixed: 3rd -> Thonon Rowing Club | Olivier Beal – Marie Guingouain
- Double – Senior W: 2nd -> Lagny Rowing Club | Nathalie Collet – Diane Delalleau
- Solo – Master M: 1st -> Lagny Rowing Club | Yannick Fleischman
- Solo – Senior M: 1st -> Cherbourg Rowing Club | Paul Leveque
- Double – Senior M: 2nd -> Carteret Rowing Club | Arthur Sanson – Pierrick Ledard
Well done to all the rowers and to the Aviron Brest Iroise organisation for this great event! See you in 2024 in Dunkerque!